Project Management - Financial Services
- Separation and extraction of data from enterprise content management and workflow systems supporting de-merger of a Life Assurance and Investment organisation.
- Separation and extraction of Lotus Notes apps/data supporting de-merger of a Life Assurance and Investment organisation.
- Separation of Premises physical security services and operations supporting de-merger of a Life Assurance and Investment organisation.
- Delivered procedural changes for Identity and Access Management to support the separation Life Assurance and Investment operations into different companies. Focus on managing feeds from HR to Identity and Access Management controls based on MicroFocus NetIQ to maintain controlled user system access during staff separation into the two companies.
- Managed a multi-site programme with data, office, applications and call centre concurrent work streams, facilitating in-source of an Investment Platform business. Senior stake-holder management and coordination of multiple technical work streams.
- Re-hosting mainframe applications onto commodity Linux platform using MicroFocus Enterprise Server and DB2 LUW. Migration of discrete applications onto Linux based JBOSS/MySQL stack.
- Built infrastructure including Jenkins, Nexus, BitBucket, HP Application Lifecycle Management and Unified Functional Testing to support Dev Ops and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment in support of mainframe applications re-hosting.
- Delivered infrastructure to support new off-mainframe Documentation Composition and Print Management, including provision for interim Documentation Storage.
- Consolidated 19 legacy P-Series servers onto 2 modern Power 8 servers and successfully migrated 106 legacy LPARs running legacy AIX as old as version 5.2 onto Power 8.
- Technology Refresh for the legacy I-Series (AS/400) servers replaced with modern Power 8 servers and migration of business applications.
- Implemented Microsoft Lync 2010 across multiple geographies organisation to enable closer collaboration including integration with existing Polycom video conferencing equipment and SIP telephony integration in both the UK and Hong Kong.
- Migration of e-mail systems to an integrated single corporate e-mail system for over 10,000 users, including Lotus Notes to Exchange 2010.
- Implemented an international wide area network vendor migration with new circuits implemented to Australia, Hong Kong, India, Europe and North America.
- Managed office based and field based teams of technology specialists for several large IT organisations.
- Managed technology teams through large scale change programs involving some of the largest mergers in the IT manufacturing industry.
- Developed and delivered graduate training programmes, for a large established IT manufacturer.
- Assessed graduate trainees in world-wide programme, for a large IT manufacturer.
Project Management - Health Sector
- Integrated a National Payroll software system with incoming National (COTS) HR system.
- Managed development and delivery of HMRC Real Time Information capability within a bespoke National Payroll system in Scotland.
- Managed programme of on-going statutory and year end changes in a bespoke National Payroll and Expenses system.
- Implemented a centralised server backup infrastructure for a large NHS Health Board, serving five city hospitals and several hundred servers.
Project Management - Public Sector
- Migrated HR and Payroll systems to a new data centre. Managed the upgrade of the application system used.
- Transformation of the desktop environment for a Scottish NDPB following IT outsource. Provided enhanced remote service capabilities, standardised group policies and standardised systems security.
- Implementation of a new Intranet Infrastructure for a NDPB, including system development, content production and production environments.
- Relocation of the datacentre and infrastructure servers for a Regional Development Agency following outscource of the IT services.
- Server decommissioning for redundant servers following datacentre re-location..
- Migration of a mainframe Utility Billing Application to a UNIX client-server environment.
- For a Communications Service Provider: we restructured the local network to facilitate on-going management and implemented secure off-site backups and secure remote VPN access.
- For a Manufacturer of High Performance Textile Products: we restructured their firewall services to improve network performance and facilitate faster internet access.
- For a Charitable Trust and Musem: we replaced the technology platform for the core Museum including new server technology and software upgrade of the core business application. Reconfigured the network to separate it from the previous corporate network.
Back to Home
- Developed a web application for sharing Rugby Union match information including scoreboards, team sheets and other match information.
- Developed an advanced software package to analyse Rugby Union matches, providing key statistics for team management and for press reportage. Provided linkage to video to identify particular phases of the game.
- Development of technical resource management software solution which improved productivity by over 10% in a large established IT provider.
- Numerous small scale Microsoft Office based software developments including Access and Excel VBA modules for management information.